Membership of the Academy of Translational Medicine Professionals (MAcadTM)
Membership is open to those who are professionally involved in either benchside, bedside or community healthcare. Applicants must demonstrate commitment to advance Translational Medicine field. Eligible disciplines include cellular & molecular biology, genetics, microbiology & immunology, pharmacy, veterinary sciences, drug discovery & development, biophysics & engineering, stem cells & regenerative medicine, public health & epidemiology, data mining & management, biomarkers and clinicians. For other fields, please contact the academy to check your eligibility.
- Members may use the postnominals ‘MAcadTM’
- Membership may increase your job opportunities and/or promotional possibilities by highlighting you from other colleagues and pool of other candidates.
- Free online access for the society’s official journal ‘New Horizons in Translational Medicine’ (NHTM) published by the Elsevier.
- Keep updated with latest vacancies/jobs by access to job database.
- Reduced print subscription for the ‘New Horizons in Translational Medicine’ (NHTM) & for ‘Translational Medicine Case Reports’ journals.
- Discount on registration fees for the EUSTM Annual Conferences.
- Discount on publication charges for the NHTM and TMCR journals.
- Complementary EUSTM annual membership.
- Keep updated with latest developments and trends in translational medicine field.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with key opinion leaders (KOLs) & decision makers from academia & industry.
- Membership will show your competency to conduct and manage Translational Medicine studies & Projects.
- Membership demonstrates your commitment to the advancement of Translational Medicine.
Clinicians and graduates holding degrees in disciplines encompassing benchside, bedside or community healthcare fields. Eligible disciplines include cellular & molecular biology, genetics, microbiology & immunology, pharmacy, veterinary sciences, drug discovery & development, biophysics & engineering, stem cells & regenerative medicine, public health & epidemiology, data mining & management, biomarkers and clinicians. For other fields, please contact the academy to check your eligibility.
Application & CV submission
Some of the parameters of evaluation process include:
- Projects/Grants personally supervised
- Established Leadership record
- Presentations/Talks at national/international conferences
- Memberships in scientific organizations
- Translational Medicine knowledge and involvement in the field
- In-depth review of all submitted material by the applicants.
Based on evaluation, The ATMP educational board will assign a suitable category to the applicants.
- Category One
Applicants in this category will receive certification based on evaluation of their track records and experience without qualifying examination. Professionals with more than two years specialized experience and significant achievements track record in the field falls under this category.
- Category Two
Applicants under this category must successfully complete the qualifying examination in order to become eligible for membership. Applicants with less than two years’ experience in their respective fields falls under this category. Qualifying examination is held once a year at occasion of Annual Congress of the European society for Translational Medicine.
MAcadTM Qualifying Examination
Category two applicants must pass the qualifying exam in order to become eligible for fellow. The next qualifying exam (MCQs type) will be held on 19th October, 2017 (Half an hour duration) at occasion of EUSTM-2017 Congress in Berlin, Germany.
Qualifying Examination Syllabus
- TM General Concepts & Global Situation
- Biomarkers in Clinical Trials
- Data Mining & Management
- Disease Modelling
- Omics Sciences
- Community Health
Qualifying Examination Preparation
Recommended reading literature list will be provided to the applicants upon registration. For comprehensive preparation of the qualifying exam, the academy recommend to consult the book
|Type||(19th October, 2017)|
|Qualifying Examination Fees||150 €|
Annual Subscription Fees (2016-2017)
|Type||High Income Countries||Low Income Countries|
|Fellowship (FAcadTM) Fee:||300 €||150 €|